JavaServer Faces (JSF) technology enhances JSP with flexible and extensible UI component model, including:
- a set of classes that define UI components.
- a mechanism for handling events generated by the components.
- a process for converting and validating component data.
- wiring events generated by the components to server-side code.
- binding the components to server-side data objects.
- registering data validators and converters with the components.
The new unified EL (UEL) essentially represents a union of the JSP and JavaServer Faces expression languages.